I have started a new leisure time project with my Raspberry Pi.
Target: control the outside lighting around my house (yes, magic words these days: HOME AUTOMATION).
But let’s see how far I will get .
Until now I created a very simple JavaFX UI to control and test the 8 GPIO-out pin states:
But first lets have a look at the setup:
- Raspberry Pi: get one here
- Adafruit Pi Cobbler Breakout Kit for Raspberry Pi: get it here
- Arduino Sidekick Basic Kit: get it here
- Wheezy Image: http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads
- Very good reference to setup the SD-Card: http://elinux.org/RPi_Easy_SD_Card_Setup
- Install JDK 8 (with JavaFX) for ARM Early Access: http://jdk8.java.net/fxarmpreview/javafx-arm-developer-preview.html
So I armed myself with a soldering gun, brazed the
Adafruit Pi Cobbler and sticked together the electical parts on the bread board according to the pin numbering: