I made some refactorings and have now released FontAwesomeFX 8.2 containing some (more or less) minor changes:
- Icon enums renamed: ‘*Name’ is now ‘*Icons’ (e.g. ‘FontAwesomeIcons’ instead of ‘FontAwesomeIconName’)
- added a ‘BLANK’ icon to both FontAwesomeIcons and WeatherIcons which is in fact unicode ‘\u0020’ (SPACE) (@dlemmermann! ;-))
- GlyphsBuilder: icon(GlyphIconName glyphIconName) is now glyph(GlyphIcons glyph)
- removed unnecessary code
- ‘iconName’ is now ‘glyphName’
- ‘glyphStyleClass’ is now ‘styleClass’: no extra GlyphStyle class just assign the class via Section “JavaFX CSS” -> Style Class.
So if you have already used FontAwesomeFX 8.1 you will also have to adjust your code, sorry for the inconvenience but I think now its a more reasonable wording for future releases!
I planned to make the Icon choice in SceneBuilder more comfortable. I wanted to provide a drop-down instead of need to look up the right name and to put it into the TextField. But unfortunately by now I didn’t make it to get SceneBuilder to work with the Glyphs-choice as enum. It worked very well with just one GlyphIcon on the pane but when a 2nd one is placed SB crashed. But I will continue to try to find out what went wrong – stay tuned.
<dependency> <groupId>de.jensd</groupId> <artifactId>fontawesomefx</artifactId> <version>8.2</version> </dependency>